On July 25, 2013 Superior Crane’s Manufacturing, Machining, Parts and Service departments’ Quality Management Systems have become ISO-9001;2008 certified. We have worked extremely hard in taking the next step forward in improving our processes and achieving consistent customer satisfaction. “Quality” is a characteristic that describes our company and we will continue to make that our goal not only for our present customers, but future customers as well.
In preparation for our ISO certification Superior Crane has:
• Streamlined old procedures and added new ones that focus on improving our internal processes which enhances our customer satisfaction.
• Employed a full-time Certified Welding Inspector, a Production Control Supervisor and additional machinists, fabricators and welders.
• Restructured our internal training programs and are now certifying our welders to welding code AWS D1.1 and 14.1.
• Added new equipment, including the Toyoda SB416YM Bridge Mill that has increased the efficiency and capability of our internal machining processes.
• Added a new Burny Phantom Plasma Cutting Machine that contains four oxy fuel torches and a plasma torch. This has increased our capabilities from burning sheet metal to heavy plate material, freeing up our Machine Shop to pursue a wider variety of business.
These changes and modifications are just some of the improvements Superior Crane has made since we have started this process of becoming ISO-9001;2008 certified back in December 2011. We are proud of our versatility and growth and will continue in our pursuits into the 21st century while we continue to rely on what has made us a staple in the manufacturing community – QUALITY products and service.
As always, we look forward to addressing all of our customers’ material handling needs.