We all have a common goal here at SCC and working together helps us to achieve it. We connect our individual accomplishments towards SCC’s objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to obtain uncommon results!
Looking to advance your motor control skills? Want to use your knowledge of NEC codes?
Our electricians perform crane electrification using NEC codes and motor control knowledge to pipe wire and test overhead electric cranes and hoists prior to shipment to customers.
- Two to five years’ experience in motor control.
- Knowledge of NEC codes.
- Knowledge and application of variable frequency drives, relays and control panels, all used in the control of motors.
- Ability to combine all components, amp draws and other electrical processes and make decisions regarding wire size and quantity of wires.
- Able to pipe and wire, including panel wiring.
- Able to read schematics.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment.
- Ability to bend and thread conduit preferred, but not necessary.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Able to climb ladders and work above ground (not afraid of heights).
- Work on knees and/or arms overhead
- Able to work while laying on back.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Able to stand for four hours at a time.
- Able to work in a confined space depending on job being done.
- Good manual dexterity.
Functional understanding & use of the following equipment is required for this position:
- Fork truck
- Overhead crane operation
- Rigging of steel and other equipment.
- Tape measure (able to use and read).
- Use of levels and squares.
- Electrical metering and measuring devices.
- Pipe bending, threading and knock-out equipment.
- Welding skill desired but not required.