Location: Superior Crane & Machining Corp.
Reports To: Both 1st & 2nd shift
We all have a common goal here at SCC and working together helps us to achieve it. We connect our individual accomplishments towards SCC’s objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to obtain uncommon results!
Our machinists are a key role to our operation for machining parts to print specification while maintaining necessary dimensions and using all necessary machining equipment. These duties are performed while maintaining compliance with all safety rules and quality standards as well.
Concentration on Vertical Machining
- A high school degree or equivalent is required, technical degree, machining certificate/diploma preferred
- Reliable and predictable attendance
- Candidates must have their own tools: basic hand tools, wrenches, socket sets, Allen wrenches, indicator and adjustable mag base, dial and digital calipers and basic micrometers
- Machinists must have the ability to set up and operate CNC Machining and Manual equipment.
- Must possess mechanical aptitude, solid blueprint reading skills, strong math skills, and understand both metric and English measurements.
- Operational knowledge of manual machines including turning/milling/grinding
- Understand tooling and offsets preferred, be able to build tooling from either a setup form or from scratch
- Ability to read and interpret basic G-code programs. Must be able to edit programs and offsets, as well as work and problem solve independently using precision gages.
- Ability to understand variable programming
- Ability to be demonstrate an above average attendance record.
- Must be able to maintain tolerance and finishes to engineering and manufacturing specifications.
- While hoists are provided to assist with lifting, you must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long period of time and ability to work with arms overhead
- Candidates need to be willing to work overtime, including Saturdays if necessary.
- Demonstrate advanced ability to set up, program and operate a Vertical Machining Center (VMC).
- Includes fixture placement and alignment, loading programs, tool setting, making needed adjustments to programs and offsets to ensure finished parts meet specifications.
- Perform in process checks to make certain that the parts run efficiently and accurately to assure quality before approving production.
- Maintains all tooling: change out dull tooling and replace worn inserts
- Studies blueprints and manufacturing orders and organizes materials and tools for next run during automatic controlled cycles to shorten changeover time.
- Works with supervisors, inspection, and other employees to resolve job related problems such as tooling, fixtures, programs, and blueprint specifications.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, and clean parts.
- Study programs, blueprints, manufacturing drawings, tool sheets and manufacturing orders to verify they are correct and fill out proper paperwork when changes are necessary.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Comply with all safety standards and be fully accountable for the proper use of protective equipment and clothing
- Capacity to shift work schedule/put in additional hours as required to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- All other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category.