Location: Superior Crane & Machining Corp.
We all have a common goal here at SCC and working together helps us to achieve it. We connect our individual accomplishments towards SCC’s objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to obtain uncommon results!
Do you have strong mechanical, electrical, and industrial maintenance background? Available to travel and not afraid of heights? This could be ideal for you!
Availability for OT & travel required
- Install, maintain, repair, and inspect mechanical equipment and including specialized overhead crane equipment in industrial facilities.
- Fabricates, assembles, and tests parts as needed, and other mechanical system parts using metal fabricating tools, common hand tools, power tools, welders, torches.
- Moves and replaces machinery and auxiliary apparatus using hand and electric trucks, forklifts, dollies, overhead, truck cranes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Able to read blueprints and welding symbols.
- Able to weld in position, overhead and vertical ups using stick and wire.
- Knowledge of welding machine settings, wire feeds, other welding equipment and shielding gas requirements
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Have the knowledge required to measure welds with weld gauges.
Service Technician positions require agility and physical fitness. Physical abilities include, but are not limited to:
- Able to climb ladders and work above ground (not afraid of heights).
- Work on knees and/or arms overhead
- Able to work while laying on back.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Able to stand for four hours at a time or longer
- Able to work in a confined space depending on job being done. Some confined spaces may be tight.
- Able to work long hours if the job requires.
- Able to work outdoors if the job requires.
- Travel is required. Must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record. CDL drivers preferred.
Functional understanding and use of the following equipment is required for this position:
- Welders-able to adjust for proper amps and voltage
- Fork Truck
- Overhead crane operation
- Rigging of steel and other equipment
- Tape measure (able to use and read)
- Aerial Lifts
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category.