We all have a common goal here at SCC and working together helps us to achieve it. We connect our individual accomplishments towards SCC’s objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to obtain uncommon results!
Fabricating and Flux-Core welding of heavy steel plate (3/8” or above) and structural shapes in position, overhead and vertical ups, in a job shop environment.
- Two to five years of heavy steel plate (3/8” or above) and structural MIG welding, fluxcore preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to weld in position, overhead and vertical ups.
- Knowledge of welding machine settings, wire feeds, other welding equipment and shielding gas requirements.
- Able to read blueprints and welding symbols.
- Have the knowledge required to measure welds with weld gauges.
- Experience in the straightening of structural beams preferred
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with OSHA safety rules and regulations.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Able to climb ladders and work above ground (not afraid of heights).
- Work on knees and/or arms overhead
- Able to work while laying on back.
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Able to stand for four hours at a time.
- Able to work in a confined space depending on job being done.
Functional understanding & use of the following equipment is required for this position:
- Welders – able to adjust for proper amps and voltage
- Fork truck
- Overhead crane operation
- Rigging of steel and other equipment.
- Tape measure (able to use and read).
- Use of levels and squares.